Supporters of feminism generally believe that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men. But some people equate the feminist ideology with a hatred of men.
The ‘Women Against Feminism’ Tumblr page has gained a huge following in the last few weeks as the ever-growing Facebook page encourages women to post pictures of themselves holding signs saying why they are against feminism.
The reasons why these women hate feminism are listed on the page, including:
1. Equal rights already exist
2. Feminism is about censorship
3. Feminism promotes the idea that women are fragile damsels-in-distress
4. Feminism discriminates against men
5. The idea that a patriarchy exists is a fantasy
6. It’s your choice whether you have equal pay or not
7. Feminists exaggerate rape statistics
8. Feminism is about policing other women
Are these women confused about what feminism means or are they merely oblivious to the fact that not all women are liberated, educated and treated fairly by society and their families?